View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valar.5874
Initiate
Bronze Rabbit

re: Fun in Unranked

Helseth captures the Unranked experience in a single video.

For anyone wondering what those ten or so games looked like, they looked like that.  Ten games of that.

It has everything: the n00b you keep farming for kills, the opponent who knows he's screwed and just runs away, the teammate that explodes into giblets the instant he encounters an enemy, and (of course) the losing team fighting off point.

My favourite part (other than the 3-man cap at mid) is when they're all defending far, and a YOLO warrior pulls a Leeroy Jenkins, rushing head-first into a 3v1. 

Because THIS is where Helseth commits the cardinal sin of PvP: underestimating his teammates.

He naively assumes that because it's 3v1 against a warrior, that his team can handle things without him.

He turns away for ONE SECOND to scout the other points.

ONE SECOND!

And in that ONE SECOND a teammate is already downed.

In a 3v1!

Against a WARRIOR.

The only thing missing was for Helseth to get outnumbered while defending a point, WIN, then look at his map and see the rest of his was team already dead. 

In unrelated news, Vial of Salt is hands-down the funniest item in the game. 

Grandmaster
Bronze Shark

speaking of unranked, you will enjoy watching this then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPRAWJpt-B8

Valar.5874
Initiate
Bronze Rabbit

Opened up my PvP tab to que and realized I'd been on an unintended streak.

If you look closely, you can see the game where the one person that always votes for Skyhammer managed to get it.

Coincidently, this was the same match where I spent the entire game nuking one person repeatedly with Skyhammer. 

Anyways, the reason I'm posting this is to provide a friendly PSA that PvP is completely bananas right now. With Ranked gone, the matchmaking system is more hilarious than ever, and Division 6 players are getting put in matches with people who've almost never played ranked before. The minimum PvP restrictions don't apply in Unranked, so you end up with games where I get put on one team, and a rank 4 (Rabbit) gets put on the other. No points for guessing how that ended.

On that note, if any of you want to que together, feel free to hit me up. You're gonna get thrown in with the sharks and dragons anyway, so you might as well bring your own.

Happy hunting! 

~Val

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: